There are several ways to pay your Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative bill, giving you the opportunity that works for you.
Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative offers the latest technology to help you manage your electric account 24/7 by computer or smartphone with a free online application called SmartHub.
- Make a payment
- Check your electric usage
- Notify us of account issues
- Receive email or alerts
- Communicate directly with the cooperative
- Sign up for load control notifications
- More features soon to come!
SmartHub is easy to navigate. It’s simple and quick to make a payment or view energy usage. Follow these steps to steps to set up your FREE SmartHub account.
Other Ways to Pay
Pay by Mail
If you pay your bill by mail, we suggest mailing your payment at least five business dates before the due date to ensure your payment is received by the due date. Mail payment and the bottom portion of your bill.
Pay by Phone
Call (877) 999-3398 to pay your bill by phone 24 hours a day with a major credit/debit card (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover) or by providing your checking or savings account information. Please have your account number ready, it can be found on the top right hand corner of you Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative bill.
Pay in Person or at the Drop Box
You can make payments at the Cooperative’s headquarters in Wadena, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A payment drop box is located near the flag pole at the headquarters building. Payments placed in the drop box will be posted by the end of the next business day.
Variable Budget Plan
The variable budget plan recalculates each month based on a rolling 12 months’ usage. The variable budget accounts for fluctuation in weather and how you use electricity each month. Therefore, your bill amount may vary monthly. Must be a member for at least 12 months before you can enroll in the variable budget plan.
Join the AutoPay program and have funds automatically deducted from your credit/debit card (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover), checking, or savings account each month. Never worry about a late payment again!
- Your electric bill will be deducted from your bank account or credit/debit card (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover) automatically.
- Payments will be withdrawn on the bill’s due date as stated on your bill.
- Payments declined or rejected for any reason will be subject to finance and/or additional charges.
Choose Your Way-Prepay
With Choose Your Way— Prepay, you purchase electricity before you use it, and your usage and account balance are calculated daily. There is no deposit required to set up a prepaid account, however, an initial payment of $50 is required to set up your prepaid account. After that, pay as much or as little as you like. A good analogy for this program is putting gas in your car—you pay for the gas before you use it. You could purchase small amounts every few days, or choose to “fill up” the tank and not worry about it for several weeks (depending on how much driving you do). Click here to view the Pay Your Way-Prepay brochure.
- You must sign up for SmartHub to receive alerts for your prepaid account.
- You will receive an alert by text message or email that lets you know it’s time to reload your account. Balance notifications will be sent daily once the account reaches a balance of $20 or less.
- Payments can be made through SmartHub, over the phone through our interactive voice response line, by mail, or in person at Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative. A minimum payment of $15 for credit/debit card or $5 for cash/check are required per transaction.
- If funds in your account run out, your electric service will be disconnected. A disconnected account will be automatically reconnected as soon as any outstanding balance is paid and at least $50 is added to the account.