Thank you for your interest in seeking employment at Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative.
The staking technician is responsible for the preparation of engineering/construction plans for new and existing electrical services to members, as well as researching, negotiating and obtaining easement and right-of-way documentation.
Essential Job Functions (required duties and responsibilities):
1. Design and prepare staking plans of electric lines to be built/rebuilt including new construction, system improvements, overhead and underground construction, preparing staking sheets in accordance with Rural Utility Specifications and the National Electrical Safety Code. Prepares Basic Environment Reviews for all work plans.
2. Prepare and obtain right-of-way easements by identifying property owners and securing easements and other legal paperwork needed for construction. Records and maintains all documentation for easement and right-of-way interactions and approvals.
3. Prepare and Obtain permits including but not limited to, MN DOT, DNR, Rail Road, County and Township Road Permits. Submits all permits to the proper authority and maintains such records.
4. Determines and documents cost estimates of providing facilities and service to new and existing members, including contribution in aid of construction, permit fees, etc.
5. Develops material list in support of staking sheet requirements, including conductor and transformer requirements.
6. Inspects new construction and re-builds for compliance with staking sheet specifications as well as easement and right-of-way requirements.
7. Visually monitors all construction for proper clearances, defects and/or potential safety hazards.
8. Assists the Operations Department and line crews at the discretion of the Operations Manager and to act in the capacity of Line Worker in outage restoration, line construction and other functions of a Line Worker. May be included in the stand-by rotation at the Operation Managers discretion.
Click here to see a full job description. Applicants can apply online by 12:00 P.M. on December 22, 2022.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative, is a recipient of federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and USDA civil rights regulations/policies, USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal/retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA; not all bases apply to all programs; remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_ filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.