The 2021 Nominating Committee is scheduled to meet on January 21st to make selections for director elections at the April 20th, 2021 TWEC Annual Meeting. Any member interested in becoming a director candidate may contact the cooperative office by either calling TWEC at (218) 631-3120 or (800) 321-8932 or by sending a mailed notice to Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative, Attn: Nominating Committee, P.O. Box 431, Wadena, MN 56482.
How to Become a Director
The grassroots participation in nominating and electing directors is one of the most important powers that you, the member-owners of Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative, have to guide the decisions of your cooperative. This year, the three-year terms of Miles Kuschel and Tom Brichacek will expire at the Annual Meeting on April 20th, 2021. Election ballots will be mailed to all members in March 2021.
There will again be an option to vote electronically this year. Members may also vote at the TWEC Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 20th, 2021. If you are interested in becoming a nominee for a director position, please note the list of qualifications below.
To become a nominee for Director you must:
• Be a member in good standing of Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative.
• Have primary addresss on Todd-Wadena Electric Cooperative’s lines.
• Not be employed by, materially affiliated with, or have a material financial interest in any individual or entity which is either directly or substantially competing with the Cooperative, selling goods or services in substantial quantity to the Cooperative, or possess a substantial conflict of interest with the Cooperative.
• Not be an employee or have been an employee of the Cooperative within the last three (3) years.
• Not be a close relative of an employee.
• Have not been convicted of a felony within the last three (3) years.
• Agree to regularly attend all board, regular and special, members’ meetings.